Renew Geelong is an initiative by Renew Australia to activate vacant spaces in Central Geelong through incubating short-term uses by creative enterprises and independent local initiatives on a rent-free basis via a 30-day rolling license.
The space is located at 105 – 107 Moorabool Street.
This was the first space to be activated as part Renew Geelong. We were fortunate enough to see the area evolve during August, 2018. You can see how it changed during this process at Renew Geelong Concept Space Has Launched.
This area had previously been a bank.
How is it growing?
- On August 31, the first event was held with the Launch Of The Geelong Illustrators Magazine.
- November saw an exhibition of Pako Festa posters and the introduction of two new businesses, Waja Creations and Fair Dinkum Moccies.
- Renew Geelong: Market Square in November
- “Out Of The Box” Inclusion Exhibition At Renew Geelong
- Renew Geelong in December: Market Square
- Belcher Arcade: Before Renew Geelong
- Renew Geelong: Three New Businesses In Belcher Arcade
- Renew Geelong: Belcher Arcade During November, 2018
Suits Well moved into its Belcher Arcade location in February, 2019. In December, 2020, the business was given its notice to move. It opened at its new location at 151 Ryrie Street in early 2021.
Byron and Co.
Pink Nancy Studio Gallery
The Pink Nancy Studio Gallery was an initative by artist Jo Mason. It was a pop up gallery that was open during November and early December in 2020.
It featured artwork by her and products by special brands.
View our photos